As you know from previous correspondences, Snodgrass Partners has been retained to partner with the ITA and the USTA for a comprehensive study of the NCAA Division I Tennis Model with a goal of protecting, advancing, and elevating the sport, and creating long-term sustainability by developing possible recommendations/models for consideration.
Here is a short overview of the project to date. (You can find the full update HERE.)
- DI survey sent to all head coaches the week of January 11, 2021
- 210 coaches responded (39%)
- Responses from the coaches were leveraged to develop a series of customized questions for various stakeholder groups to be asked in a one-on-one interview format by members of the Snodgrass Partners team.
- 53 interviews conducted with University Presidents, Athletic Directors, Conference Commissioners, former Student-Athletes, College Coaches, Tennis Industry Influencers, Media, Knight Commission, USOPC, and NCAA
- 18 of the 31 Division I College Tennis conferences was represented.
- Based on the survey results and interview responses, three working groups were established to analyze further and explore the research data.
- Working groups are comprised of 9-10 participants (Athletic Directors & DI Coaches). These groups met with Snodgrass Partners on March 23rd to set the foundation and confirm expectations.
- Groups will meet every week for approximately 8 weeks.
- A final report will be made available to all D I Head Coaches in June. Recommendations from both a strategic and tactical perspective will be socialized with the DI memberships for further discussion and feedback.
It should be noted that positive feedback has been received from the NCAA, USOPC, and Knight Commission for the scope of this project, all of who indicated how tennis is at the forefront of seeking positive solutions and outcomes to challenges currently being faced in intercollegiate athletics.
We look forward to providing you with further updates as the project progresses.
Timothy Russell, Ph.D
Chief Executive Officer